St. Bonifaciusstraat 61,
The Soesterkwartier has played an important role in the history of Amersfoort since its inception. It was built to accommodate workers when the railways built a workshop nearby in 1904, and later motorcar workshops were added.
The district was built on the old road from Amersfoort to Soest and became the first real working district of Amersfoort. The railroad workers were well organized and showed their power at the railroad strikes in 1903. In 1944 the railway workers organized a strike against the German occupier.