The exhibition Vermeer’s Delft in Museum Prinsenhof Delft has been nominated together with Vermeer in the Rijksmuseum as The Vermeer Project for the Museum Magazine Exhibition Award 2023. Ten exhibitions are once again in the running for the award this year. A professional jury compiled the top 10, the public determines the winner.
The exhibition Het Delft van Vermeer revealed the life of Johannes Vermeer, his network and his relationship to the city of Delft for the first time. With the high ratings from the public and visitor numbers, Het Delft van Vermeer exceeded all expectations. No less than 71,000 visitors from the Netherlands and abroad came to Delft for this exhibition of the famous Delft master. With Vermeer’s Delft, a large audience has become acquainted with Johannes Vermeer as the person and man behind the myth.
You can cast your vote here until 17 September 2023. Voters have a chance to win an art trip for two people, a VriendenLoterij VIP arrangement and other great prizes. The winner of the Museumtijdschrift Tentoonstellingsprijs 2023 will be announced on Wednesday 4th October in the Drents Museum in Assen and will receive a cash prize of 10,000 euros.
The ten nominees for the Museum Magazine Exhibition Award 2023 are:
• Kees van Dongen. The Road to Success , Singer Laren
• Freedom, Feuds, Purgatory: the Middle Ages in the North , Fries Museum, Leeuwarden
• Brave New World – 16 painters for the 21st century , Museum de Fundatie, Zwolle
• The Vermeer Project – Vermeer’s Delft in Museum Prinsenhof Delft & Vermeer in the Rijksmuseum Amsterdam
• Sofonisba Anguissola. Portraitist of the Renaissance , Rijksmuseum Twenthe, Enschede
• Naive Realism | From Rousseau to Grandma Moses , Museum More, Gorssel
• Who says that? Giving history a place together , Museum Van Loon, Amsterdam
• Henry Moore – Form and Material , Museum Beelden aan Zee, The Hague
• Kemet. Egypt in Hip Hop, Jazz, Soul & Funk , National Museum of Antiquities, Leiden
• Van Gogh at Auvers. His Last Months , Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam
The Museum Magazine Exhibition Award 2023 will be awarded on Wednesday 4 October at the Drents Museum in Assen. Cathelijne Broers, director of the Prince Bernhard Culture Fund, will present the prize of 10,000 euros to the winning museum.
Museum Magazine Exhibition Award 2023
The Museum Magazine Exhibition Award 2023 is an annual public election for the best exhibition of the cultural year. This year marks the fifth time the prize has been awarded. A professional jury determines the ten nominees, after which the public is invited to vote. As with previous editions, the winning museum will receive a cash prize of 10,000 euros.
The professional jury consists of jury chairman Cathelijne Broers, director of the Prins Bernhard Cultuurfonds, Peter van Duinen, director of the Vrije Academie and Marina de Vries, editor-in-chief of Museumtijdschrift.
The election is a collaboration between Museum Magazine, the Prince Bernhard Culture Fund, the Free Academy, SRC Reizen, the VriendenLoterij and the Drents Museum.