On the 23rd, 24th and 25th June 2022 international dance talent from all over the world will travel to The Netherlands for the fourth edition of Rotterdam International Duet Choreography Competition.
A must for all dance lovers! Sixteen choreographic talents present multi-styled, innovative, and remarkable duets, while competing for outstanding awards.
The contestants of RIDCC 2022 are:-
– Alesya (RUS) with co-choreographer Marina Pravkina (RUS)
– Anat Oz (ISR/POL)
– Beatriz Mira (PRT) with co-choreographer Tiago Barreiros (PRT)
– Charles Antoni (FRA)
– Emrecan Tanis (TUR)
– George Williamson (GBR)
– Juan Tirado (ITA/ESP) with co-choreographer Marco di Nardo (ESP)
– Liam Francis (GBR)
– Lotem Regev (ISR/HUN)
– Megan Doheny (USA) with co-choreographer Ilya Nikurov (RUS)
– Mehdi Berdai (CHE)
– Noam Segal (ISR) with co-choreographer Tamara Dekel London (ISR)
– Olivia Court Mesa (CHL/ISR) with co-choreographer Yochai Ginton (ISR)
– Oscar Buthelezi (ZAF),
– Paxton Ricketts (DNK) with co-choreographer Boston Gallacher (SCH)
– Selene Martello (ITA) with co-choreographer Dario Wilmington (DEU)
RIDCC surprises this edition with a novelty RIDCC Brings Back. Former participants who have made great steps and development in recent years and with whom RIDCC feels a strong affinity will be given a place at the RIDCC festival.
Fabio Liberti is the first former participant to have the opportunity to create his own evening program during the RIDCC festival. Remarkably, Fabio has developed into one of the most eye-catching and successful young choreographers of our time
Fabio is invited to present his memorable work Lead me and the award-winning dance film Don’t kiss.mov, prior to the semi-final on Friday, 24th June and the final on the Saturday, 25th June.
In 2018, Fabio Liberti joined the first edition of RIDCC’s event where he won the first prize and the Norrdans Partner Award. “Participating in RIDCC has been a very significant part of my choreographic journey. Since then, I have created works, both through commissions as well as independently. Thanks to the work relationship established with Mira (Helenius Martinsson) through RIDCC, I created work for Skånes Dansteater in 2021 and I am currently working on the next creation for the company that will premiere on 18th June 2022.”
22nd April 2022