RIDCC (Rotterdam International Duet Choreography Competition) is the springboard for international choreographic talent. Registration for the duet competition 2023 is open!
The choreographers will compete for the first prize, the XL Production Award, with a value of €100,000; a significant budget that enables the winning choreographer to create a complete, professional production. This is made possible by Scapino Ballet Rotterdam, Stichting Droom en Daad, and RIDCC. The fifth anniversary edition will take place on the 22nd, 23rd and 24th June 2023 in Theater Rotterdam.
Until Saturday, 12th March 2023, choreographers from all over the world can submit their choreography via ridcc.com. Out of many registrations, a renowned jury will select sixteen participants for the competition, announcing them in April. The preliminaries are on Thursday, 22nd and Friday, 23rd June. The grand finale will take place on Saturday, 24th June.
The pre-jury, representing various dance genres, will select the sixteen participants for the competition:
- Andrey “Drosha” Grekhov, winner Juste Debout 2012, choreographer, dancer, teacher and battle judge
- Astrid Boons, performer and choreographer
- Angela Herenda, choreographer, dance teacher, dancer
- Shailesh Bahoran, theatre maker, urban dancer, choreographer and artistic director of IRCompany
- Mischa van Leeuwen, founder and artistic leader RIDCC, dancer at Scapino Ballet Rotterdam, choreographer
An internationally renowned jury has been appointed for the fifth edition of RIDCC:
- Samuel Wuersten, general and artistic director Holland Dance Festival (chairman)
- Hofesh Shechter, choreographer, composer and artistic director Hofesh Shechter Company
- Katrín Hall, artistic director GöteborgsOperans Danskompani
- Tony Adigun, creative director Avant Garde Dance, curator, urban choreographer, educator and mentor.
- Eve Hopkins, artistic director Theater Bellevue